Author Topic: New Hyperthyroid diagnosis  (Read 14392 times)

alek0

Re: New Hyperthyroid diagnosis
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2021, 08:15:47 PM »
My vet is trying to sort out the paperwork for launching their own line of CBD oil based products, so I would get it from his office. Don't want to order online due to lack of quality control and possible problems. Best to get it directly from the vet who is familiar with it IMO.

I also have steps built in when I renovated my place after I bought it anticipating that kitties will need stairs when they get older. But there is also the issue of wanting Mitzie to be as comfortable as possible. I can see she walks more slowly and is less active, I also have to brush her regularly since she is not grooming herself properly, so I assume there is some discomfort, but she is still enjoying attention and sits on me as soon as I sit down, and she is the first to demand to be fed in the morning. Cyproheptadine has worked wonders for her, and she has excellent appetite while on it.

rbauer

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »
Do you have a picture of Mitzie on here somewhere?  I could not figure out yet how to upload one of Mabel. 

Mabel likes to be brushed too.  The first thing I do even before I make our breakfasts is sit on the carpet next to her and brush her with one if those old fashioned Hartz slicker brushes with the plastic coated bristles. She just flops on her side and purrs and purrs and turns over on the other side.  When she has had enough she either nips me or goes to the kitchen and sits down and waits for me to feed her.

The vet called with her results the other day and said her thyroid was low normal range now.  She said it was better not to change her medicine and it would help her maintain her weight.  I think I will check it again in three months just to make sure it does not go much lower.

alek0

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »
I guess for elderly kitties blood tests every few months are difficult to avoid, since it is necessary to monitor their chronic health issues. Good news is that meds are working well and her problem is under control, just keep monitoring so that it doesn't swing in the opposite direction.

I posted some of Mitzie's photos, third pic from the top here:
http://itchmoforums.com/the-den-show-off-your-pet-family/mitzie-sophie-maxwell-and-leonardo-t15385.315.html

you can see she loves her food, though she has been getting skinnier as she is getting older, but considering that she has been on a chubby side before I guess it is not too bad and she is in a normal weight range but I can see definite loss of muscle in rear legs area. Still waiting for my vet to start selling his new CBD line, I will post after I get it and try it.

To upload pictures, you need to find a website where you can upload them (I use a croatian cooking/recipes website which allows posting other pics, so that is probably not useful to you) and then just post the link. I would love to see a pic of Mabel.

rbauer

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:55 PM »
Mitzie is so pretty! And so are the others.  It’s nice that she has other companion cats and they all have one another for company.